- Cambridge Handbook on Immunities and International Law, “Enforcing Arbitral Awards Against Foreign States” edited by Tom Ruys, Nicolas Angelet, Cambridge University Press (May 2019).
- The Roles of Psychology in International Arbitration, “Going First Makes A Difference: Decision-Making Dynamics in International Arbitration” edited by Tony Cole, Kluwer Law International (April 2017); Reviewed by J. Wessel, B. Pilbrow Transnational Dispute Management (November 2017).
- AAA Handbook on International Arbitration Practice, “Cross-Examination in International Arbitration”, JurisNet LLC (2010).
- Mealey’s International Arbitration Report, Vol. 34, No. 2 , “Prague Rules: Common Law and Civil Law Advocates Talking Past Each Other” (Feb. 2019)
- disputes.global, “Gramercy Seeks Billions from Peru for 50-Year-Old Bonds” co-authored with P.M. Levine, Katherine Heitman (Oct. 7, 2016)
- Politico.com,“An Opportunity for Puerto Rico”, co-authored with Simon Johnson (May 24, 2016)
- Transnational Dispute Management (TDM), “Going First Makes A Difference: Decision-Making Dynamics in International Arbitration” (Oct. 2014)
- Dispute Resolution Journal,Book Review: “Take the Witness: Cross-Examination in International Arbitration” by Lawrence W. Newman & Ben H. Sheppard Jr., a publication of the American Arbitration Association (Aug.-Oct.2011)
- Dispute Resolution Journal, “Cross-Examination in International Arbitration” (Feb.-Apr. 2007)
- Business Law International,“Welcome To The Jury System: Supreme Court Limits Sovereign Immunity for State Owned Companies” (Sept. 2005)
- The International Lawyer, “Barricades At The IMF; Creating A Municipal Bankruptcy Code For Foreign States,” (Winter 2002).
- Foreign Policy No. 129, “Forgive Us Our Debts”, Contributor (Mar. – Apr., 2002)
- Columbia Law Journal, “Reforming the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act,” 40 Col. J. Trans. L. 489 (No. 3, 2002); “Recommendations and Report on the U.S. Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act,” by a Working Group of the International Litigation Committee of the Section of International Law and Practice of the American Bar Association (March 2001)
- Litigation, Journal of the ABA Litigation Section, “Beginnings” (Fall 1993)
- Litigation, Journal of the ABA Litigation Section, “The Forgotten Rule” (Spring 1992)
- Litigation, Journal of the ABA Litigation Section, “Lessons” (Fall 1991)
- ABA National Institute on International Litigation, “A Case Study in Foreign Discovery: Minpeco S.A. v. Nelson Bunker Hunt” (1989); reprinted The Journal of the Society of English and American Lawyers, Vol. 1, No. 2 (1989); International Quarterly (Jan. 1990); Themis, in Spanish (Jan. 1990)(co-authored with Thomas O. Gorman)